Skip to main content

Online Learning and Class Dojo

Hey everyone,

What a week it's been. Who would have thought this is how March Break would have turned out. I have sent emails to all students with information for parents on how to sign up to ClassDojo. That is where I will be posting any announcements or updates during the Online Learning section of our year. If you could please follow the instructions and sign up it will be much easier to contact each other during these times. I will also be reaching out by phone starting tomorrow to try and connect with all families.

As of now there is no mandatory work for students to do. If you child is bored or wants to stay in routine here are a few websites they can go to.

https://classroommagazines.scholastic.com/support/learnathome.html
http://www.amazingeducationalresources.com/
https://www.ontario.ca/page/learn-at-home
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL14hRqd0PELGbKihHuTqx_pbvCLqGbOkF

The student portal also has great websites for the students to use.

I am working on signing up for different accounts that offer free subscriptions while students are at home. Once I have those running I will share the class code via ClassDojo. I have also listed some activities the students can do for the extended classes I teach that do not involve technology.

Science- We will be starting to look at light and sound when we get back. Look around your house to find examples of light and sound. Write down what you think makes light and sound.
Art- Create a card for the other students in the class for when we get back.
Drama- Choose your favourite character from a book, tv show, movie, etc. Think about what questions you would ask them in an interview. Then get in character and answer them.
Gym- Go outside for a walk or play some sports outside. If stuck inside, spell out your name, a family members name, or any other words by using the actions in the picture below. You can also challenge a family member to guess what word you are spelling based on the actions you are doing.


As I stated earlier, all these ideas are optional and students WILL NOT be graded on them. They are just ideas related to the curriculum to keep them entertained.

I'm praying for all the students and families to remain safe and healthy and hope we can be back in our classroom following routine as usual soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Science Review Sheet

Science review sheets are going home today. I have attached a copy of the review sheet in case it was forgotten at school.

Weekend Health Homework

There were a few students who didn't finish their health work in class today. Those students will be bringing their yellow duotang home this weekend to finish the two pages. The first page the students need to cut out and glue or write which scenario goes with which type of bullying. The next page the students colour in the type of bullying the scenarios represent. Attached I have the squares for the first page in case any went missing during the transportation. I have also attached the definition of each type of bullying to assist with the work.

Art Presentation Tomorrow

The art presentation date is tomorrow. Any students who had not finished last week have been asked to finish and review the presentation at home. Some students were asking how to access their school account at home. I have provided steps to help the students access the information at home. Step 1: Go to google. Step 2: In the top right corner click on the bubble to sign in. Step 3: Sign in using school log in (school email/password). Step 4: Click on the grid of dots beside the letter in the top right corner. Step 5: Open Drive to access Slides. Students will also be able to go to the student portal at this point. I have included a link at the bottom of this post. There students can access Hapara where all the information is for their project. The students have been encouraged to practice in front of their families tonight for practice. https://sites.google.com/a/ocsbstudent.ca/k-6/